Sunday 8 August 2010

Prep Class

I had a lovely afternoon today in at The Home Patch.

In a fortnight Sue Spargo will be conducting a two day workshop on embellishing a Tree of Life in her own unique style. Today there was a little class to get started on your required homework.  We are to have our tree appliquéd onto the background and have our borders prepared.

In our project we will mainly use felted wool, with some velvet, ribbons, buttons and whatever other interesting bits a pieces we have. I don’t have a very big stash of felted wool (I actually have next to none).  I do, however, have a big tub of velvety furnishing fabric samples that came from my mother-in-law many years ago, so took them along. In the end, I’m going to use them in my borders.  They are very 70s and have determined my colour choice.  They will be horrible to sew with, but I’ll just take my time.  Fortunately, things don’t have to be perfect in this project. 

August 2010 001

I don’t have a lot to show for the afternoon, but at least some time consuming planning has been done.

I can’t wait for the big weekend to dress it all up.

6 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lucky you Janice, it will be awesome...love what you have selected..

Maria said...

Sounds like a wonderful workshop.Your project is coming along nicely.

Cardygirl said...

Looks like fun...the class will be great!

Sandi said...

Your applique will look really lovely when it is finished. Great choice of colours.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

GORGEOUS!! Adds something different, and with 'wow' added!

Bec said...

oh my oh my how EXCITING! Your prep work may not look like much but it will count for alot on the day - looking forward to seeing what you learn/create on the day!