Tuesday 2 November 2010

Tuesday Treasures – Melbourne Cup

Just a quick treasure today as I have to leave for work early so I can prepare for our Melbourne Cup Lunch – yes the race that stops a nation nearly stops our work.

On Melbourne Cup day I like to wear a lucky charm.  I have two.

November 2010 007

Both of these have been given to me by Mick’s mum.  She used to work voluntarily at a charity shop for many years and they came from there.  Most of the jewellery she came across was found in pockets.  I think that is where these were found.  Unfortunately, the catch on the wishbone is damaged, so I will just be wearing the horseshoe tie pin.

Good luck to every one with their sweeps.

Pop over to Clare’s to see what other treasures are on show today.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with the lunch and your tips! Lovee your good luck charms. Charmaine

manda said...

Some of the best jewelry is found in charity shops!! Love the horseshoe! Have a great lunch and good luck!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lovely treasures Janice...Good Luck...

Sandi said...

Yes, lovely treasures, Janice. I hope your horseshoe pin brings you luck today.

Melody said...

How fabulous to have these. Hope you are lucky today.

Unknown said...

They are so pretty ! Good luck at the cup ! Thanks for showing us and playing along .

Misty said...

Have a lovely lunch as always. I love your horse shoe too, I hope it brings you luck!!

Cardygirl said...

Great treasures...hope you had fun at your lunch!

Aunty said...

Lovely treasures. Hope they were lucky for you today.

Teresa said...

Hope they were lucky for you today Janice! They are both really lovely.