Monday 12 September 2011

Spring Quilt Block

I received a Spotlight catalogue in the mail in Wednesday advertising a quilting expo at their stores on Saturday.  As a part of the day they wanted people to make a 12 inch square quilt block with a Spring theme for judging and then to be used to make community quilts.

So, on Friday night (nothing like leaving things to the last minute) I pulled out some nice cheerful fabrics.

September 2011 012

I fiddled and faddled and cut out a few bits and pieces, before going to bed.

In the morning I made this block.

September 2011 015

I think it looks like spring. It even matches my new ironing board cover that Mum made me for my birthday at the beginning of the year.

I was pleased to have my block to Spotlight on time and also to see that there were quite a few others.  Hopefully a nice quilt will be made from them.

6 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gorgeous block Janice...

Maria said...

Your block is very pretty.
well done getting it made in time.

Jodie said...

Your block is simply gorgeous Janice!!! I absolutely love it...

Jodie :)

Petits Détails said...

Hi Janice, bonjour from France! Your quilt block is beautiful. I love the combination of cheerful colors and prints. Bonne journée, Shannon

Jewells said...

Janice, your block is too nice to give away!!..cheers!

Melody said...

What a gorgeous block. Very spring like indeed.