Wednesday 4 April 2012

Saturday at Nundle

Finally the big day arrived and there was a frost!!!!  I wondered why I was a bit chilly in the camper.

Kerry and her helpers had the hall looking lovely for us.

Home to Nundle to West Wyalong 096

Home to Nundle to West Wyalong 099

Fiona and Kylie were ready to start.

Home to Nundle to West Wyalong 098

Sue told us what we were doing.

Home to Nundle to West Wyalong 114

We worked on clam shells to make this hussef. It was a new technique for me and I really enjoyed it.

Home to Nundle to West Wyalong 119

We also had the option of working on this sewing box.

Home to Nundle to West Wyalong 120

At lunch Aunty Alison and I went for a stroll outside, only to find this pair up the tree.  I don’t know what it is that Peg has about climbing the tree.  Dale was trying her best to talk her down.

Home to Nundle to West Wyalong 131

Next time we turned around they were announcing to the world that they were the kings queens of the castle, sitting on top of a pillar.  Maybe it was the effect of all those drinks they consumed the day before. Rumour also has it that they were seen talking to a local gentleman here.

Home to Nundle to West Wyalong 135

Back in the hall there was show and tell of projects completed by ladies present using Sue’s patterns.  Some lovely work was on display.

Home to Nundle to West Wyalong 138

This is what I completed on the day.  I love the fresh look of it.  Unfortunately, I haven’t had a chance to play with it since, as Deb very kindly delivered it home for me, rather than me taking it on holidays.

Home to Nundle to West Wyalong 150

We also swapped our pincushions.  Mine went to a lady from Cowra and I received this beauty from Jenny.

Pincushion received 002

Meanwhile, Mick had a lovely day wandering the streets of Nundle while we stitched.

He had a nice yarn to some fellow BMW riders.

Home to Nundle to West Wyalong 095

The lovely old Church, now the op shop.

Home to Nundle to West Wyalong 041

You have to love the knitting needle inspired swings.

Home to Nundle to West Wyalong 044

He visited the Woollen Mill where he had his own bit of retail therapy.  Fine merino clothing is wonderful on the bike.

MH Home to West Wyalong 003

MH Home to West Wyalong 2 014

MH Home to West Wyalong 2 017

MH Home to West Wyalong 2 019

Old mining relics.

MH Home to West Wyalong 2 027

Then, all too quickly it was over for another year. It was so good to catch up with friends and to meet people for the first time in real life that you “know” from their blogs  and, of course, they are all as lovely as expected.

I’ve already put my name down for next year.

6 comments:

Susan said...

Very impressed by your trailer set-up, and glad you both had a good trip. It was lovely to meet you - see you next year.

Maria said...

I hear so much about "Nundle". What a fabulous retreat and you all learn great new projects while having so much fun.
Pleased your DH enjoyed his stay too.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

As always, you sound so happy when you share abut Nundle! I have it on my wish list...
Hugs
Jenny
xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Fantastic photos Janice, so pleased Mick enjoyed his stay...and you know I have a thing for trees...LOL...

Chookyblue...... said...

so much fun and happy memories........Peg and Dale up to mischief again..........

Chocolate Cat said...

Did you know I never noticed the swings were big knitting needles!!!