Friday 19 February 2016

On The Road Again

Today we started or next adventure, taking "Snubby" the silver sidecar and "Paris" the camper trailer. 
I'm having my first go at posting using my ipad.  Usually we take a small laptop with us, but the ipad should be much more convenient.

We just headed south, stopping for lunch at Holbrook next to the submarine. 


We've driven through here many times, but have never stopped to look at the submarine.  Mind you, we didn't go into the museum this time either.  

I'd hate to be standing on the edge where Mick is in a wild sea.


The submarine is the HMAS Otway.  I'm not sure of its history or why it is now at Holbrook, and as we have limited internet at the moment I can't look it up. 


Back on the road we just headed down the hume Freeway until we were ready to call it quits for the day.  We ended up at Euora in Central Victoria in a caravan park.  No photo yet, as we got talking......fancy that!!  I'll take one in the morning as we are in a lovely spot beside the creek. 

Euora is one of those little towns off the side of the freeway you don't usually go into, but it is delightful and I would like to come back again one day.

We went for a walk around the town.  Don't you love these gum nuts.  Mick is up ahead saying "Hurry up". 


The town is quite historic and is famous for Ned Kelly holding up the local bank. Here are a few snapshots from our stroll.







There is a memorial for Victorian VC recipients which was well done.  


We went to a local pub for dinner.  The meal was delicious.  I had to try Eggplant Chips with Cumin Salt and Aoli.  Always looking for new ways to use our egg plants. These were so very good.  I must try them when we get home.


Tomorrow we start the real part of our holiday.  Bring it on.

6 comments:

Susan said...

Enjoy your adventure.

Anonymous said...

what a lovely start to your holiday,enjoy my friend xx

Jenny said...

Holiday road trips are always fun. I'll look forward to reading about your adventures.

Chookyblue...... said...

looks like a nice spot to stop.........

Maria said...

Your are enjoying lovely weather for your travels... Such a pretty place . Looked up Google to see why the Otway was in Holsbrook. Interesting read..check it out when you have time.

Rachaeldaisy said...

I'm reading your posts backwards but it's good to see your bike and trailer. I love those gumnuts too. And those eggplant chips look so delicious!!